• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hot Transfer Case Normal? - SYE

RickyN29

NAXJA Forum User
Hum, this could just be part of my paranoia, but when I did my SYE install, the oil pump wasn't exactly aligned, it did pop into place with a jiggle of the shaft. All seemed well.

I have probably 1000 miles on it now. I was under the Jeep tonight trying to find the cause of a loud thump if I hit certain bumps on the road. (Been thumping before the SYE, so not related, although does sound louder since install)

I felt my transfercase (after running a bunch of errands around town) and the tailhousing is pretty hot. I can keep my hand on it, but it is hot!

I cannot recall if it is normal or not.

Anyone?

Yes yes, newb question.

RickyN29 said:
Hum, this could just be part of my paranoia, but when I did my SYE install, the oil pump wasn't exactly aligned, it did pop into place with a jiggle of the shaft. All seemed well.

I have probably 1000 miles on it now. I was under the Jeep tonight trying to find the cause of a loud thump if I hit certain bumps on the road. (Been thumping before the SYE, so not related, although does sound louder since install)

I felt my transfercase (after running a bunch of errands around town) and the tailhousing is pretty hot. I can keep my hand on it, but it is hot!

I cannot recall if it is normal or not.

Anyone?

Yes yes, newb question.

Hot is normal. Mine gets so hot I can't keep my hand on it.

HTH

Remember, the exhaust pipe runs right by it as well.

Back