• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How goffy will my rig look?

XJ Samo

NAXJA Forum User
Im lifting my 88 xj 3.5" (RE) how goofy will my 23575r15's look (only temp).
Or should I wait to lift untill I have the tires?
Thanks Sam.
P.S. will only be lifted withhout bigger tires for a month or so.

when you say temp.. how temp are you talking about?

stupid question off topic IMo is in my opinion?

dont worry about how it looks. My jeep is lifted about 5" front and rear, with some good trimming on the fenders, and i even did the rear quarter panel chop and fold. Therefore, my wheel wells look huge.

Currently, i am on stock sized tires, because they get me back to damn near stock mileage even with the lift. I only throw on my mud tires when i go wheeling, so 90% of the time, my jeep looks rediculous. However, i didnt build my jeep for looks, i built it to wheel, so i dont give a shit what other people think about it.

Just have fun putting the lift on, and forget about how it looks until you get the big tires. At least your fenders arent trimmed yet!

Which lift? Im going with RE Im not sure which the 3.5 with the add a leaf or the one with the with full leaf springs?

1) full springs, never add a leaf

2) this jeep had an RE 4.5" lift (net'd ~5.25) and stock tires, he came out with us for Thanksgiving. I don't have a better picture, but you can get an idea what it looks like. Anyone who's opinion matters understands that its a work in progress. ;)

637333857107_0_alb.jpg

3.5 inches of lift will not make 235's seem THAT bad. Sure, you'll want to fill the wells a bit more than that, but it won't be out of hand.

lifted.jpg

I guess it'll look a lot like that. :) RE 3.5" kit, 5" in the back, 4.25" in the front. tires are 225/75/15 (until tomorrow!)

lifted.jpg

I guess it'll look a lot like that. :) RE 3.5" kit, 5" in the back, 4.25" in the front. tires are 225/75/15 (until tomorrow!)

Sure this is 3.5 inches? That honestly doesn't look too bad, and it doesn't look as high as the one Kittrell posted. I want my stock XJ to look like this one for at least a while.

yea id like to see some pics of it now. i chopped my top and want to find a upholestry shop to finish it but dont know where to start.

Back