• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size is my front sway bar (23, 25 or 28mm) ?

hmdxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was shopping on Quadratec site (http://www.quadratec.com) for new Daystar front sway bar bushings. There are 3 listings for 3 sizes: 23mm, 25mm and 28mm and they all list to fit 84-01 XJs. So the question is which size is correct for my XJ?

I have a 2000 4X4 4.0 4-Door Sport, auto trans XJ.

Measure your sway bar. Take a crescent wrench and fit it over the sway bar. Then measure the gap on the wrench.

xjohnnyc said:
Measure your sway bar. Take a crescent wrench and fit it over the sway bar. Then measure the gap on the wrench.

Thanks for the tip......... I measured........... It's 25mm.....

just out of curiosity... Don’t' all specific year/trim level have the same size or can they vary.....? For example in my case, does that mean that all 2000 4x4 Sport XJs have 25mm front sway bars ?

DBenz said:
[sarcasm]Good idea on what sounds like a daily driver...[/sarcasm]

None on my DD. In the mountains. On tight & twisty roads.

As long as you're aware of the body roll, it is very controllabe.

The place I actually notice the lack of front swaybar the most is on highish speed (35 mph) runs on bumpy/rocky gravel roads. The swaybar helped keep the front axle from bouncing around as much as it does, though I'm thinking I can cure it with the right shocks and some beefier than stock CAs...

No. They vary. I don't know what determines which one they use. I have a limited with a 28 and love the ride. Found one from a guy like xj-shark and swapped it into my 90. Big improvement. BTW none were up country packages and both my 90 and 92 have factory tow.

Back