• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case upgrade

akamcbird

NAXJA Forum User
ive got an 86 comanche w\comand track and an np207 mounted to a Torqueflight 904 - 3 speed automatic

obviously i need to swap the t-case

what would work/from what type of donar/what if any mods would be needed

thnx-terence

I am wondering the exact same thing. I have a NP231, but it is 21 spline and the NP207 I took out is 23 spline. Even so it looks like the inputs are different lengths!?

207 left - 231 right
IMG_1549.jpg

Why do you need to swap the t/case??? If it is to "upgrade" an otherwise good unit...sell the old one to me...

why replace the transfercase? the np 207 can handle alot of abuse. im using one behind a v-8 and havent had any problems. get one from a s-10 and use the chain and associated parts as they are wider than the stock jeep parts.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Troy...I'm trolling for a good t/case for peanutz.

And yes we have confirmation (again) that the supposedly weak and puny 904/207 has 23 spline shafts....(all of MINE do).

IIRC there are 3 standard input lenghts for 2XX cases...short/medium/long.

Here's my reason why,

IMG_1548.jpg

The previous owner said everything worked fine, but he didn't say he 'fixed' the cracked case with a healthy splooge of fiberglass epoxy. :gonnablow It jumps out of gear.

In the context of what powertrain is in a older rig...(2.5 or 2.8) there shouldn't be any issues regarding strenght especially with a auto trans.

My heep has a 2.5 with the same trans/tc combo...no problems at all aside from that one little episode with a bad mud stuck and nitrous....but we won't go into that right now...:)

Other than that, some people report the 207 is hard to get in gear...i never had that problem tho...and my "new" MJ has the exact same combo.

cccj were you the one that pm'd me about a case? I have several but cannot remeber to count the splines. All of mine I thought were 21 spline. PM me tomorrow and I'l try to check them. Are you near Atlanta? I may be over there this weekend.

Back