• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Help on a 99 Cherokee Sport

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought another jeep. I noticed today that the driver side window when i put it down or up it makes a clicking noise. It sounds like the teeth on the motor keep running even tho the window is all the way down/up. You kno like the motor doesnt stop even tho the window has bottomed out. What do you guys think the problem could be? My second issue is with the passanger side window. I can put it up and down from the driver side switch but it wont move for the passanger switch, however the lock buttom works on that side. Weird huh. Anyway, any help you guys can give me owuld be great, Im going to look into more tomorrow hopfully.
Matt

it is your regulators in the door. it is a plastic track the window motor pull or push the window on. Look for them on Ebay the dealer is $$$$$

i bet the passenger side window switch is bad or the widow lock on the drivers side is sticking a bit. make sure you can see a little green light in the switch button. if not then there is no power to it.

Sounds like the oh so common window regulator going bad.

If you go the dealer route, look to drop about $100. Replaced both front regulators on mine in the last year.

I'd not mess with it untill you can get a new one in....no need in accelerating the time in which it breaks and your window falls into the door.

Don't know about the clicking but the pas window operation from the drivers side only is a fairly common problem. The cause is usually in the drivers side control unit. Do a search, this problem has been discussed before. As stated above, check for the green light on the pas door. No light is probably lack of proper power switching from the drivers side control....assuming the window lock button is in the correct position.

BAR

As for it working from only the drivers side, that is your child lock out switch on the fritz....common issue, and there's a write up out there (if you cannot find it let me know, i'll send it to you) that explains how to solder in a jumper wire to bypass the lock switch.

my 99 had the problem with the window lock, I just pulled new window switches from a junkyard cherokee
on my wifes 99 I had the problems with the clicking and the motor not stopping. I again went out and pulled the complete window setup, motor and cable. It took no time to pull it and not much time to replace the broken one. I didn't pay much for either one.

Back