• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget boost ???

irish636

NAXJA Forum User
right now im debating what to do. im going to go with either the re or rustys budget boost. im leaning more towards rustys because it comes with new coils and full aal. the re comes with a brake extension though. i wouldnt think i would need that with a 2in lift. my main concern is my leaf springs are pretty flat. should i get factory replacements or just put the aal on???? i found replacements on rocky road for $85. thanks guys

if the leafs are shot, look into a baster leaf set up out of an s-10, but the aal should be good for you though, if it is still sagging you can throw another Cherokee leaf in the pack. and if you plan on going bigger in the future

Not to hi-jack, but does anyone have thoughts on the new leaf pack....combined with an AAL from the original pack? I am thinking maybe to pick up the $85 leaf packs, then use just the longest leaf from the old pack to beef it up. Then ZJ coils in the front.

It's a family rig...no offroading. I'm running 235s. I just want a slightly more aggressive stance. Ride quality (and saving $$) is also important.

If you don’t do any off road then you don’t need the extended brake line for 2” of lift. For a better stance, you could buy some spacers for the front and look up the $11 bastard pack http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083. I don’t have a whole lot of experience but I can tell you what I would NOT do if I had to do it all over. You can use any 2.5” wide spring but Check out the thickness of the donor spring. I used ford explorer springs. The ford springs are thicker than the xj, the height was just right but they are much too stiff for an xj. It rides like an old wooden log wagon and no flex. I don’t think you want that on your DD. Look here for pix of what it might look like after you do all of this. You can also see the difference in the xj and ford springs. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=904892

paying $170 for a pair of stock leaves from rocky road plus shipping will be an awful lot of scratch for stock height springs. I would just put the full length AAL in and work with that.

JeepDawg said:
. Then ZJ coils in the front.

... (and saving $$) is also important.

You need to make sure they are V-8 ZJ UPCOUNTRY coils to get a full 2 inches of lift out of them.

I put standard v-8 ZJ coils in and got between 5/8 and 3/4 of an inch out of them. the spring rate is very nice on them though.. If you can't verify that they are upcountry and want the full 2 inches, then just get a spacer for the front.

Back