• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000+ 'pre-cat' headers

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the original equipment pre-cat style header on my 2001 XJ is the same as that fitted to 2000-2004 Wranglers?

The reason I am asking is that Rugged Ridge have a new 409 stainless steel header listed in their catalog for 2000-2004 Wranglers.

17650.02.jpg

Part number is 17650.02, price approx $250

Ever hear anything on this? I have a 01 with all the pre-cat/multiple 02 sensor crap, and I'd also like to know if there are any options for upgrade? (and still pass emissions)

I have under stood that as long as you can get the bungs for the O2 sensors in the pre00 XJ ones they will work fine. I would call them and see what they say. IIRC the wrangler's down pipe goes down, and around the front of the moter. You might have to use a TJ down pipe, and then have some custom exhaust work to match it up.

The bends have no effect on the exhaust as long as there manderal bent. The advantage of that header is it being equal length to the collector.

Back