• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Y-link set up?

Super D

NAXJA Forum User
Ok some mama said I can get a lift:party: . But I want to do it right the first time. I am going with the T&T Y-link set up with RE 7.5" coils up front but I am not sure what to do with the rear. I want to run a 35" tire and going to have a full size spare rear bumper tire carrier. I have thought of the following options and would like your input on them.

1) RE 5.5" leafs with 1.5" shackle
2) Tomken 6" leafs with 1.5" shackle
3) Rusty's 6" leafs with 1.5" shackle

Any help would be great. This jeep is going to be a dd and my weekend trail rig. thanks for your help.....

7.5" just seems too high to me, I've got the full T&T 5.5" LA lift and run 33" with only minor trimming. With trimming I have no dought I could run at least 36" tires, but I worry about how many D30 parts I would brake. For 35" tires I would stick with the 5.5" lift and just trim the wheel wells a little more.

Super D said:
Ok some mama said I can get a lift:party: . But I want to do it right the first time. I am going with the T&T Y-link set up with RE 7.5" coils up front but I am not sure what to do with the rear. I want to run a 35" tire and going to have a full size spare rear bumper tire carrier. I have thought of the following options and would like your input on them.

Any help would be great. This jeep is going to be a dd and my weekend trail rig. thanks for your help.....
i am currently trying to set up the same exact kit. iam installing a tnt y-link kit and RE 7.5" coild up front. was thinking about 6.5" in the rear. am running 35x12.50r15 mickey thompson baja claws on allied beadlocks...

If you want to do it right the first time well, go 6" with 33's and no trimming or trim and run 35's.

Oh and I have been running 35s on a HP D30 with used alloy shafts for 4 years now with no breakage. You just have to know your limits with the skinny pedal.

I wold do the RE or Tomken leafs over the Rusty's. Their 6 inch seem real stiff. If you can afford it, I would go with a set of 10 leaf Nationals.

jdbwrx said:
What about using the TNT u-bolt eliminators?

Somebody started a thread about these a couple of days ago. It seems to be a gimmick. That's my opinion. If you just search around you can find some more info on them here.

jdbwrx said:
What about using the TNT u-bolt eliminators?
Those are a Joke, Weld on lift block is pretty much all they are, but lets not get into that.

Super D said:

Go for it. I run this kit and it's the best LA suspension I've seen for the XJ and I used to run the Fabtech with coilovers. This kit is even better in terms of articulation and handling. It corners better, and on the highway, I have no more issues with wind blowing me into people's lanes or hitting ruts in the road sending me into pucker overload. It practically drives itself now. Get the whole kit from TnT.

well all that money you wasted on cromoly shafts on your 30 you could of got a 44 up front
shelbyluvv said:
If you want to do it right the first time well, go 6" with 33's and no trimming or trim and run 35's.

Oh and I have been running 35s on a HP D30 with used alloy shafts for 4 years now with no breakage. You just have to know your limits with the skinny pedal.

mud4x4lover said:
well all that money you wasted on cromoly shafts on your 30 you could of got a 44 up front

Again, think with your brain and not with your ass.

If he has gone 4 years without breaking .. he didn't waste his money at all.

we then he doesnt really wheel dumbass!
Bx-djKRLtZiRLmefqyHdGVHEQBG6ADt0280.jpg
cal said:
Again, think with your brain and not with your ass.

If he has gone 4 years without breaking .. he didn't waste his money at all.

Back