• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much backspace

akamcbird

NAXJA Forum User
how much back spacing do i need to run 33/13.5r15 under a comanche w\5.5"lift

also: from were to were on the rim do you measure to find its back spacing !!!1

I think to measure the backspacing on my wheels I laid one with the outside facing down and measured the distance from the back of the lug hole surface to the inside edge of the rim, using a stainless steel ruler. It worked for me, my AR alloy wheels have 3.75." Then I found it online and that was correct.

Don't know if this will help ya or not: I have a 92 XJ with 4.5" of lift and running 31x12.50 boggers. With 3.75 BS they have plenty of clearance - even the large lugs. From a lot of looking I did 3.75 seems to be the around the least amount of BS to find, not saying I searched high and low, but a few different shops and companies.

Generally your looking for about 4” of back spacing when you put a tire 12.5” or wider on a XJ/MJ. Like has been said 3.75” is a very common and is what I am running also.

do not go 15x10, you will be unhappy.

You want 15x8 wheels, 4.5" to 3.75" of backspacing. I run 35x12.5's with 4.5" of backspacing with no problems, as do thousands of people.

cal said:
do not go 15x10, you will be unhappy.

You want 15x8 wheels, 4.5" to 3.75" of backspacing. I run 35x12.5's with 4.5" of backspacing with no problems, as do thousands of people.
I'm right in the middle of tire/rim size decisions. I can get 15x10 rims with 4" of BS. The 15x8's that are available come with 3.75" of BS. The tire's that I have bought are 33x12.5x15. Why is 15x10 a bad choice? What are the benifits with the 15x8's. I need to order the rims this week.

Back