• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disco wheels

tag said:
5 stud , 16 inch, 7, or 7.5 alloy....... a friend has a land rover garage, i was wondering if anyone had fitted any?.........

if the wheels are off the rig you can measure the backspacing, and whether they're on the rig or off you can compare the boltpattern to an XJ by using a tape measure.

Not to be rude or anything but why not just take yours over, jack it up, pull a wheel and try it...then comes the question are all LR wheel the same. From the 80's all jeeps [YJ, XJ, MJ, ZJ, TJ] all took the same size wheels, even the newer ones with 16" will fit. Then the WJ came out and they got 'fancy', now it's anybody guess on the newer comander, I think the WJ has a different bolt pattern. There is a ZJ with rubicon 16"s with the factory MT's parked next to where I work every morning.

tag said:
backspacing?... do you mean rim ofset ? yes he has quite a few sets in his store at the back of the garage with tyres all second hand part worn....
Offset and backspacing are tied into each other. Take a look at this:

http://www.streetdreams.org/tech.php

That page also tells you how to calculate your bolt pattern to verify if the wheels would fit onto the jeep (not all 5 stud setups are same, you got 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5.5 for example)

RichP said:
Not to be rude or anything but why not just take yours over, jack it up, pull a wheel and try it...then comes the question are all LR wheel the same. From the 80's all jeeps [YJ, XJ, MJ, ZJ, TJ] all took the same size wheels, even the newer ones with 16" will fit. Then the WJ came out and they got 'fancy', now it's anybody guess on the newer comander, I think the WJ has a different bolt pattern. There is a ZJ with rubicon 16"s with the factory MT's parked next to where I work every morning.
Didn't the WJ go to 6 lugs?

well thanx for your help, thought maybe some one may have fitted a set and give me a quick answer, as for trying them at his place he's not that local to me. but looks like i'll have to go over to find out if they fit. .......

I didn't see this post earlier, but they definitely will not fit. The XJ takes a 5 on 4.5" and the disco is a five lug, but something like 5 on 6.5". I thought about it when my neighbor was selling his rims a couple of years ago...

tag said:
well thanx for your help, thought maybe some one may have fitted a set and give me a quick answer, as for trying them at his place he's not that local to me. but looks like i'll have to go over to find out if they fit. .......
yeah, well see for us disco wheels are not that common here ;)

Kejtar said:
Didn't the WJ go to 6 lugs?

Could be, but the wheels are so ugly I never bothered to count... The XJ, TJ and ZJ's all had good looking alloys, DC must have hired a graduate of the school of ugly wheel design which is right next door to the ugly school of architecture that pennsylvania hired to desing the new 'welcome' center for the pocono mountains. Guess we want to be known for our warehouses
bilde

Thats it's 'good side'.... sorry, didn't mean to get carried away, they just had a news story on how badly it flooded, too bad it wasn't washed away...

Back