• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problems with auburn ECTED parts lining up

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
do any of you guys have experience installing the new DANA 44 auburn ECTED locker.

according the auburn, it was just released this month, so there isn't alot of information for it yet. such as that there is a design change in it. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=904694&highlight=ECTED

anyways,........there is a "key" that you are supposed to install under one of the bearing cap bolts and the other end goes into one of the slots on the electric lock ring. well neither of my "keys" fit. one is to short and doesn't reach, and the other is WAY to long and to big.

anybody have any experience with that specific axle locker???

PS: on a side note....i'm not even completely done with the install of the stupid ECTED, and i already hate it. i've already asked my wife several times if i can throw it in the trash and install my old welded carrier in her jeep instead. so far i've had nothing but problems with that piece of crap. and i can't believe how cheap the quality of some of the parts are. all i know is that when it's time to lock my jeep, i'm NOT getting auburn, and after this install experience i'm never going with selectable again. it's not worth the hassle. nothing but auto lockers for me from now on.

sorry to hear. Have you set the carrier shims correctly? when removing the carrier, you have to adjust it correctly against the pinion gear and check for proper backlash before you install the key. I dont have experience with the D44 but the D30 went just fine with the keys.

yeah i got everything set properly. just the keys don't fit. the shorter of the 2 keys just barely catches like maybe 1mm of the edge of the keyway, so i was thinking that maybe that would be enough. but then i ran into the problem of not being able to hold the key still while tightening the cap bolt. when i start getting tension on the cap bolt, the dumb little key rotates with the cap bolt and i can't find any way to hold it in place long enough to torque the cap bolt. and from what i can tell, the key should engage a little more than just 1mm.

Based on yur other thrad where you say how much the wife likes it. I am assuming you found the problem.
I'm just wondering what it was??

I am still in flux with mine...haven't herd from Auburn since Wed when I was told they should have assembled units with in one week and they would get one out to me....

CW

there was 1 other slot on the outer edge of the electric collar. i don't think they meant that one to be used for the key as it doesn't show it like that in the instructions. but i was able to make it work using that slot. i still don't think it's right though. but hey.......it's working.

Back