• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name that sound

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
Lately when I shut off my motor I have been hearing this tick/clunk/thud what ever, tonight it was really loud so I taped it for yall to hear. Im pretty sure it is coming from inside the motor. Also will happen, though not as loud, even if the engine is turned on then off with in 5 or so seconds. And it seems to have no effect on the engines performence or anything else.

um every car i have ever turned off made that sound, i always thought it was oil dripping back into the pan, and things cooling off

however, i would agree that yours is pretty loud unless your camera has an awesome mic.

-TIm

No it basically goes from the start. at 8 secs was me steping on something. I just have never had a car that does it so loud,its almost as loud in person if not just as loud, and that it will do it even if the engine was on for only a couple of seconds is what gets me. I have only heardb it, on previous cars, after driving with the motor at running temp for a while.

I know what the rushing sound is thats not what concerns me.

Last edited:
OH all the ticking should be normal. mine does it too but i tend to push mine a little bit harder than a 208000 mile motor should be pushed. so it ticks kinda loud for a while.:repair:

Back