• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dumb TNT bumper install question......

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
so my bumper came in today, and i immidiately ripped it open in the living room. i'm probably jumping the gun here a little since i'm not in the garage under my cherokee, but i was wondering if all the bolts are self explanatory.

i got all the add-ons that they offered,(inner steering brace, 4 bolt steering upgrade and the light guards). there are two sets of 4 long bolts, so i'm assuming that one of those is for the steering box, but i can't think off top of my head where the other set of 4 would go.

there are also 8 short bolts, and then there are 3 big thick tubes/sleeves, and 2 slightly smaller/thinner sleeves.

i'm just trying to picture in my head where that stuff would go since i've had my stock bumper off before, but other than the steering bolts, i can't seem to think of where they would go.

and since i can't get my cherokee in the garage until i finish working on my wifes jeep, i'm trying to "install" it in my head. LOL

maybe looking at this pic might help with SOME of the parts:

4boltsteeringmain.gif

but I would assume 4 bolts for one side of the unibody frame rail and four for the other side.

Try contacting TNT too. Tis what I did. They sent me out instructions. Don't have them anymore though. :doh:

Scott

hey good morning everybody........i got it installed yesterday. once i got the old bumper off and the steering box bolts out, and started matching everything, it became rather self explaining just like i thought. i did notice thought that there are like 3 more holes on the passenger side that they didn't provide bolts for. so i'm going to go to the hardware store and get some long bolts to run through there.

QUESTION...........i was wondering why the passenger side doesn't also get an inner sleeve (like the steering brace sleeve) to help sandwich and support the passenger side frame. would there be any benefit to adding a sleeve to the inside of the passenger frame???

I'll try to get pics of the bumper up later today.

Back