• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need 3" lift cheap

asykes

NAXJA Forum User
correct me if im wrong but from what i hear i can get 2" with zj front springs and use a 1" spacer but could not find enough info when searching can anyone help?

define cheap?

I concur, v8 ZJ will give 1" upfront, then get some 2" spacers for 3. Spacers 30-40, ZJ coils, as cheap as you can get em at a junk yard. If you can't get em cheap, just buy 3" coils, they're only 100 bux. Check for sale forums, people are always getting rid of springs cheap.

Never heard of XJ main leaf in the rear, but if you can get it for cheap, do it. Also, the main leaf (with eyes cut off ofcourse) from an S10 will be good in teh rear for ~3" of lift. You could also get an RE 2.5" AAL for like 75 bux from redrock.

For a 3" lift you need shocks, especially in the rear. (W 3" lift and stock shocks, you need ~400lbs in the rear of the jeep just to get the driver side shock to bolt up...don't ask how I know) DTs are pretty cheap and decent. I think yo can get even cheaper ones from pro comp, but I duno how good they are.

If you only go 2" then you can keep your stock shocks and get away with doing BPEs. Detours USA has BPEs that give you an extra inch or inch and a half of shock length. Most give about .5" or so.

thanks 4 the help please bare with me im new 2 this jeep thing but what is BPEs i found shock relocators at detours but i plan to spend 200 give or take a little on shocks somewhere in this lift i was hoping shortly after the cheap lift but if i need to wait until i get shocks i will

asykes said:
thanks 4 the help please bare with me im new 2 this jeep thing but what is BPEs i found shock relocators at detours but i plan to spend 200 give or take a little on shocks somewhere in this lift i was hoping shortly after the cheap lift but if i need to wait until i get shocks i will

Bar Pin Elminators. Stock shocks have bar pins on the front and rear. On the front, they are on the axle end, on the rear, they are on the body end. New shocks sometimes come with them (stock style bar pins), so a bar pin elminator lets you use aftermarket shocks(with just an eye) with stock mounting location. Check out the BPE's at www.jksmfg.com too.

You can buy some cheap longer shocks for now, as time allows, upgrade to better ones.

jksbpe01eh6.jpg

after pricing everything im starting to wonder if i should just spend 500 on a kit and be done with it not that i would have that much tied up in it 40 for the zj springs and almost nothing 4 the xj main leafs but after everything else i need to get it starts adding up including shocks bpes ext now what

I got around 4" with this set up for fairly cheap. RE3.5 coils from one of the NAXJA vendors, I went with fullsizexj. I picked up some S10 leaf packs from a junk yard for around $30. New coils around $120 if I recall it right. I also went with a RE track bar as well but on a budget its not really necessary. New shocks, I went with DT3000's which are way better than my Ranchos. So a decent lift can be had for cheap.

I would look into roughcountry lift kits. they are cheap and give you everything you need. i went with the 4.5 for 700 with rear springs. works good. the 3 inch is pretty cheap.

that don't sound bad but one thing i failed to mention is that i plan to haul and tow not a lot of weight but i don't want the rear to squat when i got a 75 lb winch, spare tire, and tool box in the back sometimes pulling a 8ft trailer i heard that s10 springs are soft and may squat

I'm planning a nearly identical l.ift. Just waiting on the parts. I chose the RE 3.5 AAL kit but I'm not going to AAL i'm going to use Dakota rear spring pack and the XJ main leaf. Just need to remove the spring eyes from the Dakota springs.
I was considering the budget lift and Ford F150 coils with ZJ spacer for 3.25-3.5 inches of lift in the front. Go-Jeep has a writeup here somewhere along with numerous upgrades on his site. Sorry I don't have the exact website.
Good Luck with your lift

cnidy1230 said:
I would look into roughcountry lift kits. they are cheap and give you everything you need. i went with the 4.5 for 700 with rear springs. works good. the 3 inch is pretty cheap.
2nded,
i know people call out these kits as bad, but im loving my RC $350~ 3" lift, w/ shocks and aal, its better then blocks/spacers, rides great as long as your not rock crawling, and the price is right

it'll give me time to work on other areas of the jeep, while still having a very capable 4x4 for weekends...
:piratefla

dunno about you, but my time is money, and i dont have much... $400 for a lift kit... if you cant afford it... wait... it'll be better

i just want 2 thank every one 4 all the help my buddie told me about this site and ive been reading trying to learn as much as possible you all have been alot of help got one more question my wife is getting a little jelous of the xj i got a feeling that it wont be long before she says its hear or the xj does anyone eles have this problem i would hate to see her go

Back