• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck between 2 H and 4 H HELP!!!

hmmhoyhoy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I wanted to see how the 4wd was and tried shifting, it was extremely hard so I decided since I just installed my SYE I should take off my TC Drop. I did that and still the same, as of right now its stuck between 2 H and 4 H.I try to push it all the way into 2 H and it wont go, it just pushes back up to sittin in between, and then I try to pull it all the way back and it goes some of the way but no indicator lights come on. I am wonderin if I could have messed up while doing my SYE

jeep t-cases are kinda picky when it comes to shifting OUT of 4x4. uneven tire pressure and other things make it difficult. try shifting out of 4h on wet grass, put the tranny in N and shift out then put it in R and try to pop it out. if that doesnt work then you probly have the linkage messed up a little. unhook the linkage from the shifter, and manually shift the t-case into 2H, and then put the shifter in 2H and link it back up. then try shifting again.

-Tim

Ok I will try that, I am not sure if it has to do with me not cutting my selector in the T Case short enough. I installed my SYE yesterday and before it was in I could shift fine through the diff options and now I cant

eh, i dont know about the trimming the shift rail. always measure twice cut once. for a AA sye you need to trim it to about 1.25" stick out at max stick out.

i would hope that it is just a linkage problem from removing the TC drop and changing the alignment.

-Tim

More than likely you didnt properly assemble the the mode/range forks.

I dont know what I could have done wrong, I took the gears off of the old shaft put them on the new one and put the new shaft in. So the selector needs to stick out 1 1/4 inch?

Back