• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camp Jeep at the Auto Show

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
So I just got back from the auto show, and took a ride in a JK on the jeep course that is set up at the convention center, and I must say they may look like a plastic toy, they are pretty cool.

The course was pretty tame, but pretty neat non the less. He talked about the automatic discos, which are kinda cool, until you lift the jeep or the electronics fail, and the anti-roll over something or other. I don't know if he was just blowing smoke, but when we were on the "rti ramp" (which was just a hill taken at an angle) a guy in the back asked why we weren't tipping over. I figured cuz it was due to the fact that we really weren't that far over, but the driver said it was because of this super doohicky think (my words, not his) that apply the brakes to the bottom tires, and a small amount of throttle to the top tires to keep the Jeep from rolling over. Is that true? Is there some sort of magical system out there that is making it possible to wheel without any skills or experience (cuz that's what I need!).

I think I saw that. IT was a very steep hill thing.....it might have been the same thing at the Chicago Auto Show in 2006. I can't wait for 2007, less than a month away! Yay! People waited in line for 6 hours to "offroad", heh.

Quick Question? I was just at a auto show here in Portland OR. and they had a Jeep Hurricane concept vehicle. WOW!!, that thing was unbelievable. Duel hemi's, one in front and one in rear, carbon fibre body,steerable rear-end, ect. I WANT ONE, If they made it, I would buy it. Instead, they made the Compass:tears:

I think the dude misunderstood. Aren't they talking about the Ford Explorer type of rollover?

-Electronic Roll Mitigation: A system that observes and monitors the vehicle speed and steering rate to estimate the potential for a rollover situation. If necessary, the engine torque is reduced and a short burst of full braking is applied to the appropriate wheel to immediately limit lateral force, providing improved roll stability
-Electronic Stability Program (ESP): ESP aids the driver in maintaining vehicle directional stability, providing oversteer and understeer control to maintain vehicle behavior on various road surfaces. This standard feature has three settings, allowing the driver more control over the vehicle during spirited driving

I don't think so, cuz what you are talking about looks as if the car is in motion, where the Jeep was at a stop.

Back