• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Painting Bumpers...

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
I saw on another thread a guy suggest sanding + painting the guy's bumper... how well does it work? What is the best paint to use for it? Mine are looking like crap and fading/chipping... Don't have the money to buy an aftermarket bumper due to the fact i'm getting married so no extra money... this would be the cheapest route to get the bumpers looking good again... advice + tips well appreciated. Thanks!

Scuff the entire bumper. Feather the edges of large/deep chips. Wipe with alcohol/acetone. Prime & paint. Use a readily available paint & color for touch ups. JIM.

I can totally see why this is in AF......

HaleyesI can totally see why this is in AF......

That's funny... last time I checked this was posted in Paint and Bodywork forum... I could be wrong, but I thought that painting a bumper would fall under Paint and Bodywork? I dunno... could be a wild guess. Thanks ILLXJ for the input.

Bdiddy11 said:
That's funny... last time I checked this was posted in Paint and Bodywork forum... I could be wrong, but I thought that painting a bumper would fall under Paint and Bodywork? I dunno... could be a wild guess. Thanks ILLXJ for the input.

Yep, I guess you are right.:wierd:

If you're talking about painting a stock bumper; yeah, rough it, prime, and paint with whatever you're rattle can preference is. I just did this a couple days ago and it came out just fine. Easier if you remove the bumper end caps.

Yes.. stock bumpers. I figure I wont be able to afford anything aftermarket for awhile seeing as how i'm getting married...so that will eat up my income each month. Going to take some welding classes at school though so I can learn how to start fabbing my own stuff so one day I can just buy the materials and make them myself. Thanks for the info!

Back