• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*Updated: March Mudfest at Walker Valley, March 25th*

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Mark your calenders for the March 25th!

Who: Anyone who wants to go wheeling! Make sure you've got tow-points front and rear, tow strap, a spare tire, common sense and a willingness to learn!

What: A wheeling trip to Walker Valley ORV park open to anyone who want to drive, ride along or just come sit by the camp fire. Walker Valley is a very diverse place to wheel, with trails suitable for nearly everyone from a budget boosted stocker with 30" tires to monster tube-buggies.

When: March 25th, 2007.

Where: Near Mt Vernon, Washington. Roughly an hour North of Seattle.

Why: I have a hard time admitting this, but we've been totally missing the boat on WV. My first impression of the ORV park was that is was a glorified Tahuya, catering to quads and dirt bikes. I have since found out this is NOT the case! Some of the best wheeling I've done in a while has been at Walker and more of you need to see it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to get this date posted so anyone with interest can plan accordingly. The actual make-up of the wheeling will mostly depend on who wants to go; if there is sufficient demand, we'll split up the group into "Intermediate" and "Advanced" based on wheeling experience and vehicle spec.

We'll be relying on Ryan (blkxjkrawler) to lend his knowledge of WV trails in planning the different routes, and I can guarantee you fun will be had by everyone who attends. If anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot me a PM of post up on this thread.

See ya there!

-----Matt-----

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: March Mudfest at Walker Valley, 24th & 25th

Awesome man, good idea Matt. That should be fun wheelin and fun camping. Do they just require a forest pass I hope?

adamusmc2002 said:
Awesome man, good idea Matt. That should be fun wheelin and fun camping. Do they just require a forest pass I hope?
I don't think even that. The DNR rep we spoke to last time never mentioned it to any of the seven rigs that were there, so I don't think so.

-----Matt-----

Sweet Sean. And if by some chance it isn't done, just let me know and you can ride along.

Slacker87XJ said:
I'm in. I'll bring less throttle this time ;)
No, bring your throttle...... And we'll bring clean shorts. :D

adamusmc2002 said:
Do they just require a forest pass I hope?
No passes required, camping on site is pretty limited, but I will be working on securing something.

This is going to be a great time. No one who has attended the last two Walker Valley runs has been let down.

Very cool. Please count me in. Recovery points should be installed by the first weekend in February.

Beyond that I am in need of a spare... unless I can use the two spare 28" street tires that came with Christy's jeep...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I can get a few days off to make the haul up there.

Pat

90exjay said:
Ok so this is my new goal to have my rig done and ready for this trip,with John's help it shouldn't be a problem.:cheers:

Sean

Your axle will be ready Friday. Getting them installed is on YOU ;) Maybe I should plan a shop work day soon, eh?

i'll be there, hopefully with 1-ton sterring.

oh, and my buddy john wants to go, 91 XJ locked front and rear w/33's, winch, 4:88's and plent of damage.

Avanteone said:
Your axle will be ready Friday. Getting them installed is on YOU ;) Maybe I should plan a shop work day soon, eh?

Shop work day sounds good!

Crap, just noticed the date. I had planned on going to Golden Gardens in Seattle for a Nissan gathering. Oh well, who needs to look at Skylines, Sylvias and 300's?

Jason

I would love to be there but that is the same weekend as the Mid America Truck show and I am not sure if I will be able to make it. Time will tell, depends on my principals as to when I need to be there.

I can't wait to get back there since the gates are open!
Michael

I would love to tag along if at all possible. Should have a locker in the front, bumpers on & hopefully an NAXJA membership!! Have to keep priorities in order!!

RRT said:
I would love to tag along if at all possible. Should have a locker in the front, bumpers on & hopefully an NAXJA membership!! Have to keep priorities in order!!

either way i know you are more than welcome, and you won't be "tagging along".

you'll be wheeling with us.:lecture:

--cody

Back