• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone besides me have the wrong intake on their head?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Couldn't think of a more clever title than that. Who is running an HO intake manifold on a Renix head without matching the ports up, or vice versa? I've been running mine this way for about 5 months through a regular HO manifold then a 99+ one and I still have the stock mismatched Renix head. I'm just wondering who else has had it and left it this way. Anyone? I think I'll be going back to the Renix intake shortly, I'm not seeing any gains and I'm afraid it may be part of my driveability problems.

RenixPower said:
Couldn't think of a more clever title than that. Who is running an HO intake manifold on a Renix head without matching the ports up, or vice versa? I've been running mine this way for about 5 months through a regular HO manifold then a 99+ one and I still have the stock mismatched Renix head. I'm just wondering who else has had it and left it this way. Anyone? I think I'll be going back to the Renix intake shortly, I'm not seeing any gains and I'm afraid it may be part of my driveability problems.

So what is diff in the port between the renex and HO?

I now the ports were raised for better flow but i thought they were still in the stock location.

I'm vary curious bought this also.

I want to us the HO (witch ever on will work the best) probable the 92-95 HO with a APN Header!

Flash.

Flash said:
So what is diff in the port between the renex and HO?

I now the ports were raised for better flow but i thought they were still in the stock location.

I'm vary curious bought this also.

I want to us the HO (witch ever on will work the best) probable the 92-95 HO with a APN Header!

Flash.
They raised the ports on the head for better flow yes. About 85% of the port lines up when using an HO intake but the top portion where the fuel injectors spray is the blocked area. Are you using that on a Renix, if so while you're swapping manifolds, do the head, otherwise I think you will be disappointed. Anyone else?

I ran a Renix head on my 96 when I first got it. I bought the 96 for $600 because it had a "blown head gasket". When I pulled the head, it was cracked and I already had the Renix head, so what the heck. It ran fine, but the block was also cracked and it was blowing smoke on start up.

I dropped in a complete 99 long block. Still have the Renix head, tried to sell it, but high shipping cost makes it impossible to get rid of it.

Back