• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Shims & position

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting on 3.5" lift leaf springs with angle shims (came all bolted up with the springs). The springs have a large end and a small end. So which end goes in which position?

I know I should just look at the Paradise XJ and install likewise, but I'm not even sure that those springs are installed correctly because it sags so badly that I think they (the old springs) were put on incorrectly. I can use all the pics you got. Thanks.

BTW the front springs I understand, I just don't want to be in there most of the day and do the rear backwards. The shims going the wrong way might pretty much F things up!!!

ParadiseXJ said:
I'm putting on 3.5" lift leaf springs with angle shims (came all bolted up with the springs). The springs have a large end and a small end. So which end goes in which position?

I know I should just look at the Paradise XJ and install likewise, but I'm not even sure that those springs are installed correctly because it sags so badly that I think they (the old springs) were put on incorrectly. I can use all the pics you got. Thanks.

BTW the front springs I understand, I just don't want to be in there most of the day and do the rear backwards. The shims going the wrong way might pretty much F things up!!!
yes, you should follow instructions(or look at paradise xj??), you want to rotate the pinion up, higher shim side goes in front(angle down towards rear), the bigger leaf spring bushing is for the front, good luck

Skullvarian said:
yes, you should follow instructions(or look at paradise xj??), you want to rotate the pinion up, higher shim side goes in front(angle down towards rear), the bigger leaf spring bushing is for the front, good luck

Doh!! I didn't git me no dang instructions. That thar's the problem!!

Its likely that the directions would not explain which way the leaf springs are installed anyway. They will only fit one way. Do you need to know if the axle goes over or under the springs, probably not, because it only goes one way.

Back