• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHAT ARE THESE?????

xjhd4me

NAXJA Forum User
so i started ripping out the interior today in the back to start get everything in order to herculine it and found some strange things, first whoever had this before me had a cat because this thing is full of little white impossible to remove from the carpet hair, and when i pulled out the rear seat it had a bunch of cat litter under it, then on the drivers side under the factory heat sheild or whatever( the shiny tin foil looking stuff) there was a rectangular piece of aluminum that serves no purpose, but was definetely there from the factory, and to my question.. inside each of the rear quarter panels there are sealed black plastic bags full of what feels like foam( i didn't open them) i have been into this section of vehicles before and never found anything like this, so does anyone else have these or know what they are??

xjhd4me said:
inside each of the rear quarter panels there are sealed black plastic bags full of what feels like foam( i didn't open them) i have been into this section of vehicles before and never found anything like this, so does anyone else have these or know what they are??
The sealed plastic bags are used as sound deadening/insulation from the factory, they are also used in Ford and Dodge vehicles. If you are putting aftermarket insulation/ sound deadening into the spaces you got the bags out of you can get rid of them.

After digging into an impending leak problem, I found the same hairs you did.

The goofy thing is that I got the Jeep from my dad, and the hairs I found are from a Golden Retriever that died in the '90's!

I still have to find a source for the factory carpet and figure out where my leaks are.

At least I have the hair thing figured out!

heres where my leak was, this is right under the washer fluid bottle just next to the blower motor.

Owen005.jpg

What year is your XJ? Mine looks just like yours but that NOT washer fluid in my bottle its Antifreeze.

Back