• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no headlights

XJawgi

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 xj 4.0. One night i was driving and i pulled into a parking lot, turned my lights off, and then went to leave and i had no lights what so ever.

I checked my fuses, none were popped. So i drove it home. I did some searching around on here, and the general concensus was either the headlight switch or the fusible links on the pass. side where the starter relay is. So i replaced 3 fusible links. Tried the headlights and nothing. I then proceeded to replace the headlight switch, bought a brand new one. Installed the new one, and still nothing.

I took a test light, i am not getting any power at the 10 amp fuse that controls the headlights and parking lights, taillights and so one. I also tested the connector that plugs into the top of the headlight switch, and still no power. So i am at a stand still.

also - There is 1 slight difference between my old headlight switch and the new one. the old one only has 6 prongs, and the new one has 7. but the old one did not brake off into the connector though. So im not sure if that would make a difference of these not working or not.

any help would be appreciated!

Back