• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch lift or BB

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys Im looking to get a lift on my 99 xj and I cant decide between the Rustys 1.75 BB or the 2 inch AAL. Are there any other 2 inch lift kitsw out there. I like the fact that the rustys kits have a full length AAL. Also where can I find some pics of both these kits to see how a XJ looks with them. How do they do on the trail?

jdurbach said:
Should I get the greaseable shackle or the aal. If I got the shackle I would buy new stock leaf packs before summer.

Greasable ones help with squeeks that can occur. Helps prolong the life of the bushing. I run TnT shackles, but have the non greasable ones, before they started making theirs greasable. Haven't had any squeeks yet.

Every XJ is different, but my '99 got vibes after a 2" with AAL. I am still driving without a front prop. shaft until I get the pinion angle just right. I'd say go with the 1.5" shackle lift. I wish I had. My leaf packs weren't sagging, and the AAL makes the ride a bit rough. I also think the slightly raised pinion caused by the shackle would've actually helped in my case

My leafs still have arch in them. SO I guess Ill go with the rustys kit with the rear shackles. I think at the end of summer after Ive saved up enough money I will upgrade with new coils and shocks. Ive heard that the shackles put stress on the leaf packs too.

Back