• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Cell

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have been cutting and hacking and replating the rear of my xj. I made new raised shock mounts and would also like to add a fuel cell. As of right now I have moved the gas tank up, but would like to remove the factory tank all together. I searched here and found a few things, but not what I was looking for. I seen in 1 post where someone said us a E2000 pump. Is that all the info I need when going to advance, is it a internal pump or external pump? What fuel cell do I need to use. One post said a RCI-2161A cell. I will be doing this in the next few days.

I just went to Autozone and asked for an E2000 pump, and they got it out. At first they looked at me funny, but when they looked it up they had one. It's an external pump, and you'll need an inline filter. I just got one off the fuel filter rack with the right size inlet/outlet.

As far as fuel cells, shop around and get the one that you like......they'll all work, and there are many to choose from. I got a JAZ cell, clear plastic so I wouldn't need a fuel gage, drag race type with a rear sump to help on steep climbs if low on fuel, and with foam to reduce sloshing on the trail if low on fuel. I got mine from Poly Performance, but you can look at them at Summit and many other places.

Goatman said:
I just went to Autozone and asked for an E2000 pump, and they got it out. At first they looked at me funny, but when they looked it up they had one. It's an external pump, and you'll need an inline filter. I just got one off the fuel filter rack with the right size inlet/outlet.

As far as fuel cells, shop around and get the one that you like......they'll all work, and there are many to choose from. I got a JAZ cell, clear plastic so I wouldn't need a fuel gage, drag race type with a rear sump to help on steep climbs if low on fuel, and with foam to reduce sloshing on the trail if low on fuel. I got mine from Poly Performance, but you can look at them at Summit and many other places.

I thought you had one, thanks for the help. Everytime I go to Autozone they look at me funny, and then they want to know what it came out of. Oh well, thanks for the help.

Back