• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS and lift??

Nomaspescado

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98' that I will lift using a RE 3.5 or 4.5 this summer when I finally decide between the two.
My question is this:
It is time for a complete break overhaul and I have purchased everything needed (including YJ brake hoses for extra length needed when I install the lift), but realized that I have not yet looked into the possibility of ABS cable lengths...
Are they going to fit, even when lifted this summer??
I live at Lake Tahoe and will not give up the ABS for anything...they work great for my needs!
Thanks for your time,
Steve

I am running the RE 5.5 kit and don't have any problems with my front ABS lines. I haven't checked the rear because I hacked them when I installed the 8.8. I honestly haven't checked them at full flex lately but they are still there. At a smaller lift I would think you would for sure have no problems.

I think its somewhat retarted the ABS lines are 3x longer than the hydrualic brake hoses but what do I know lol. I think it was an aftermarket conspiracy to sell extended hoses. :wierd:

Last edited:
I had a 2001 xj with abs and a re 4.5 lift with 32s. The abs lines are long enough after the lift however the abs got weird sometimes during sudden stops.

Back