• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated Seat Question

klennop

NAXJA Forum User
My passenger side heated seat isn't working in my 01 limited. When you try to turn it on just the low led flashes. Then it will just shut off after flashing for a bit. Does anyone know what that means or how I can test to see what is wrong with it? I have a volt meter but it is hard to see under the seat and there are a bunch of wires. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the power works on both seats and the heat does work on the drivers side. If that helps?

Thanks for any help!!

klennop said:
My passenger side heated seat isn't working in my 01 limited. When you try to turn it on just the low led flashes. Then it will just shut off after flashing for a bit. Does anyone know what that means or how I can test to see what is wrong with it? I have a volt meter but it is hard to see under the seat and there are a bunch of wires. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the power works on both seats and the heat does work on the drivers side. If that helps?

Thanks for any help!!

See this thread for details. Found it searching for "heated seats"...

casm said:
See this thread for details. Found it searching for "heated seats"...

Yeah I saw those post's when I searched before. I got this stuff below from the post but I don't know if this is something I can do myself. Basically it is telling me that a sensor or the element is bad. I just don't know how to test this. I was hoping that someone could help me out some more on this. I don't want to have to take it to the dealership but maybe I will have to??

HEATED SEAT SWITCH INDICATORS FLASHING 1. Faulty sensor. 1. Refer to Heated Seat Sensor for the proper heated seat system self-diagnostic routine. Repair, as required.
2. Faulty element. 2. Refer to Heated Seat Element for the proper heated seat system self-diagnostic routine. Repair, as required.

and

HEATED SEAT SYSTEM SELF-DIAGNOSTIC TABLE
FAILURE MODE SWITCH "HI" LED INDICATOR SWITCH "LO" LED INDICATOR
Shorted Heating Element Flashing Flashing
Open Heating Element Flashing Off
NTC Sensor Value Out of Range Off Flashing

Back