• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys motor mounts (rubber bushing style)

smilesyota

NAXJA Member #1366
Does anyone run these and if so do you have any pics of how they look.
Thinking of making a pair that lift motor 1 inch. The motor mount bolt seams to fit loose in the LCA bushing. Any ideas?

x2. I have the MORE bombproof with torsion rubber, and couldn't be happier. Pretty much as smooth/quiet as OEM, and a heckuva lot stronger looking.

Rob

Both of my rustys motormounts broke on me, the welds seperated smooth right of the metal. I had to grind and reweld them. Just my experience.

smilesyota said:
Does anyone run these and if so do you have any pics of how they look.
Thinking of making a pair that lift motor 1 inch. The motor mount bolt seams to fit loose in the LCA bushing. Any ideas?

Why would you want to lift the motor 1"? Are you going to lift the trans/t-case also?

Motor mount lifts are typically for body lifted vehicles.

I've been running my Rusty's poly motor mounts since '02 and have had good success. I don't work them the way others here do, just moderate trails and I tow approx. 2500# max. Good Luck.

Woody

Iwas trying to lift the motor up an inch to get some more room underneath. I'am trying to do a low lift (3in now) and have everything as high clearance as possible. I'm running 31'snow. Any clearance and gained streangths will be appreciated on the trail!

Back