• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid D44 disc brake question

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i can install, mod and figure everything else out on my jeeps, but i'm just having a month long brain fart about this one.

i have a XJ D44 and a set of grand cherokee disc brakes.

now i've read all the writeups over and over and over, and have done one on my TJ (straight bolt on), and have looked at it on my chrysler 8.25. but here is the problem i'm having with my XJ D44.

none of the holes on the grand cherokee backing plates line up with the XJ axle flange pattern. and i don't have a drill press, and can't weld. AANNNDDD....i'm always broke. lol. so what can you guys recommend to properly AND safely mod the bolt pattern either on the axle flange or on the backing plates, so i can finally install the stupid disc brakes and install the axle in my jeep. the only drills i have are 2 cordless drills since my corded black&decker recently died on me.

right now the only thing stopping me from hanging that axle in my jeep are the 4 little bolts on each side holding the backing plates on. as soon as i can make them bolt up, i can finally hang the D44 and have fun with my new locked rear end.

lol..........it's borderline. lol don't worry my jeep isn't dangerous. everything is build properly and is all roadsafe.

and you can't tell me that i'm the only poor broke bastard jeep on the road. lol

seriously though. any ideas recommendations how i could get this mounted up without having to go to a machine shop and fork over a couple bills???

a dewalt and a few decent drill bits and a steady hand? I don't have a drill press and do pretty well with all the mods I've done with just a dewalt drill.

Back