• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yj steering conversion?

terryd

NAXJA Forum User
i was looking through the books at work (advance auto) and stumbled into an interesting piece of info. a 95 (the year i looked up, not exactily sure what all years it will work w/) wrangler uses an inverted Y steering, as apposed to the XJ's inverted T design (hope i got those two right, i can never remember the difference, makes selling ford parts a bitch). but since all the axle companys i've seen say that they use the same width front alxe's, could i use that wrangler setup on my XJ?

I actually have the set up setting next to my house and was going to try and install it. They look to be the same width when I held it up to the stock stuff. I am going full width now so I am not going to mess with it on my XJ. I might try it on the TJ though. Let me know what you find out if you try it.

XJ=inverted Y,YJ=inverted T.It will fit but it has its own issues!

Well you dont gain any ground clearance and you might get a dead spot in the steering due to the "rolling" effect.

i get a roll effect with mine stock, lol.. a big dead spot in the steering, basicaly your steering reaction time is twice as bad

Back