• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Variable Thottle response

sjx40250

NAXJA Forum User
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a big change in throttle response. Very fast response. At the same time, my milage went way south. The three days ago, as I was approaching an intersection, the light went yellow. It was one of those, do I stop or go situations. I decided to go but looked around first and saw an patrol car. Immediatly I hit the brakes, sliding to a stop, backed up half a XJ length and stopped. As he passed by, talking on the phone, he gave me a big wave and grin!
Since that stop, my throttle response returned to normal with improved MPG, until yesterday! So I hit the brakes hard, not the same as last time. The throttle response returned to normal.
Any Ideas? My thinking says maybe AIS but more likely an intermitant electrical connector to a one of the sensors. Why do I think that? Because I am wondering if it is going to open loop or start up mode where the injectors get a longer pulse as if it were cold. How else would a fast throttle response happen?

92 XJ Auto No Engine Check light came on.

Back