• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bulldog remote start & keyless entry

2000xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
im installing this on my 2000 xj and have everything working except for the remote start. i have to hook up the tach wire but the 2000 is distributerless so it says to hook it up to a gray wire on the pcm. anyone know which plug it is and is it ok to unplug those three plugs??

this turned out to be alot harder than i thought..........:banghead:

Just installed this on my '97. For $15 dollars, I bought a T-Harness that allowed me to just plug it in except for the parking lights and brake input which I had to splice in and the power locks. Don't know if this would help you with your problem at all, but it made my install go real easy.

12volts red & pink/black + ignition harness Starter yellow + ignition harness Second Starter Ignition dark blue + ignition harness Second Ignition black/orange + ignition harness Third Ignition Accessory black/white + ignition harness Second Accessory Keysense Power Lock orange/purple - drivers kick panel Notes: Must use relays to trigger the lock and unlock wires. Close all doors when testing.Power Unlock pink/purple - drivers kick panel Notes: Must use relays to trigger the lock and unlock wires. Close all doors when testing.Lock Motor see DirectFax document 1074 Unlock Motor Parking Lights+ black/yellow headlight switch Notes: Also found in a large connector at the junction block in the passenger kick panel.Parking Lights- Hazards Turn Signal(L) Turn Signal(R) Reverse Light Door Trigger yellow - drivers kick Notes: In a gray 2 pin connector.Dome Supervision Trunk/Hatch Pin tied in with door Hood Pin Trunk/Hatch Release Power Sliding Door Factory Alarm Arm Factory Alarm Disarm Disarm No Unlock Tachometer gray black plug at PCM Notes: The PCM (powertrain control module) is located on the drivers side inner fender well near the radiator support.Wait to start Brake Wire white/tan + brake switch Parking Brake Horn Trigger black/red - steering column Memory Seat 1 Memory Seat 2 Memory Seat 3
clear.gif
Interface Module:Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
YesType:
Sentry KeyPart #: 555CWAlternate Part1 #: 556UWAlternate Part2 #: DesignTech 20402Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 29402Notes: Only vehicles with gray keys have the immobilizer.

even though its distributorless, it should still have a tach wire.

It should be the largest wire loom on the drivers side under the hood. I followed all the wires from the PCM to finally find it.

There are 2....REPEAT 2...gray wires on that loom. Take a volt-ohm meter and rev up your motor and see which one increases in voltage.

Back