• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get leaf spring clamps??

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
Or "rebound clips" as i've seen them called.....i want the thin metal kind that came on the stock packs

parts stores only carry the u-bolt kind

bds is the only company i've seen online that have them, they want $8 for two clamps

anyone else know of a place to get them???

Fred,
I have purchased them at my Sprig & frame repair shop for $2 each they also had teflon pads to go between each leaf spring which made them much quieter.

Bringing this one back up.... My slightly used AAL kit did not come with leaf spring clamps, are they necessary? I'm talking about the little clamps that don't go around the axle but only on the leaf springs themselves.

its a good idea to run clamps on the leaves... it keeps em aligned. wouldnt want a stray leaf, or that new add a leaf rubbing your gas tank or tires would ya?

Bizeeb65 said:
its a good idea to run clamps on the leaves... it keeps em aligned. wouldnt want a stray leaf, or that new add a leaf rubbing your gas tank or tires would ya?

they're not likely to spread out that far since the u-bolts holding the spring to the axle will stop them..

most ppl only use a clamp on the front half of the leaves (this allows for better flex)

JLane99XJ said:
they're not likely to spread out that far since the u-bolts holding the spring to the axle will stop them..

most ppl only use a clamp on the front half of the leaves (this allows for better flex)
riiiiight.
My overload spring almost contacted my tire after one good hard hit.

Back