• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how about FULL WIDTHS?

1_sik_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Oh ya baby I got a special delivery today. Been searching for a front D60 for some tim enow and this 1 kinda fell in my lap. There will be some modifications going on cause its not the exact year most people pull from but I couldnt turn down the deal...

dana60bitches.jpg

Mambeu said:
I hope you really beef up your unibody. That 60 will tear it apart if you don't.

Nice find though. What'd the axle come out of?

why would a 60 tear it up? its just unsprung weight pulling just as hard as any other axle does. granted the places you can abuse it with a 60 may tear it up but the 60 itself wont. Now the unsprung weight of a rockwell........

btw good lookin find, it looks really clean

shortxjdoug said:
why would a 60 tear it up? its just unsprung weight pulling just as hard as any other axle does. granted the places you can abuse it with a 60 may tear it up but the 60 itself wont.
I think you just said what I was trying to say better than I did. Search the username "PeterBuilt"; he's got D60s front and rear with no cage and no strengthening of the unibody. His Jeep is really tweaked.

1_sik_xj said:
Oh ya baby I got a special delivery today. Been searching for a front D60 for some tim enow and this 1 kinda fell in my lap. There will be some modifications going on cause its not the exact year most people pull from but I couldnt turn down the deal...

dana60bitches.jpg
looks like driver's side is too short for a XJ application :dunno:

compare to this dana 60
Dcp_4512_copy_small.jpg

Are you gonna narrow the long side and get some low back spaced wheels (high offset)?

IF you dont do that then a long arm and big tires wont work youd rub your tire on the links.

Ive got the 78-79 f350d60 with the diff more centered and still my tires bairly rub the frame and leafs with centered 8in wide rims.
t_jeep2_705.jpg

skyjackedxj96 said:
looks like driver's side is too short for a XJ application :dunno:

compare to this dana 60
Dcp_4512_copy_small.jpg

Coilovers and some creative LCA brackets ;)

Back