• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a spring.

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
Not as simple as the title seems. I just got an Aussie locker to put in before another trip wheelin this weekend. During the install a spring escaped into the abyss of my garage. It literally flew 20 ft across my garage. Any idea where to get a replacement? I assume hardware store, but just looking for another idea. Thanks guys.

mud1059 said:
Not as simple as the title seems. I just got an Aussie locker to put in before another trip wheelin this weekend. During the install a spring escaped into the abyss of my garage. It literally flew 20 ft across my garage. Any idea where to get a replacement? I assume hardware store, but just looking for another idea. Thanks guys.

You might want to take another spring out, and compair it with a Lock Rite spring(if anyone like John or Phil has one in handy). I believe you can only get spring and pin replacements directly through Aussie, or maybe one of its few dealers.

Try those guys or call Randy's Ring & Pinion. You should be able to use an Eaton EZLocker or Richmond LockRight replacement spring since the differences in the models are so small as to be indistinguishable. Having a set of spares is a good idea anyway.

I've got a set here you can BORROW if you order a replacement set for me. And I believe they ARE different from the lockright/ez locker style... at least the pins are for sure.

We're not installing for another two weeks.

J

Back