• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Compass Calibrating

Jeepthing88

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i know the hole deal where you have to hold down the 2 buttons for 10 seconds...then the VAR shows up and then after that it says cal...at which point you have to drive in a clockwise circle 3 times......ok all said and done......

Quesion: how the hell do it get it OUT of cal mode....now everywhere i point is north and it still says cal.

also...any ideas on how to set the clock in the overhead console.....not really important...jsut kinda curious

i tried and it still comes up every direction as north and it still says cal.....maybe im doing the calibration wrong. I hold down the 2 buttons.....VAR comes up.......(im still holding the buttons) then it goes to cal......i let go of the buttons and drive 3 clockwise circles.....and nothing. i tried letting go of the buttons at VAR and trying it then but again nothing. I know the compass isnt fried or anything it was working fine until i calibrated it

Ok, calm down...try this;

Once you are in the CALIBRATE mode, turn the wheel full left and SLOWLY drive in 2 complete circles. After you have completed the 2 circles the compass will exit the cal mode w/o any input from you.

Counterclockwise is what I have found to work.

Back