• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hmmm, here's a thought

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm under my Father in law's 98 Dodge Ram today and notice that the front suspension is essentially a big Jeep front end. Then I look at the LCA's and they look just like an XJ's just longer. Has anyone investigated whether or not these could be used on a lifted xj? I didn't measure them but the whole thing just got me thinking........................

asatxj said:
So I'm under my Father in law's 98 Dodge Ram today and notice that the front suspension is essentially a big Jeep front end. Then I look at the LCA's and they look just like an XJ's just longer. Has anyone investigated whether or not these could be used on a lifted xj? I didn't measure them but the whole thing just got me thinking........................

I heard somewhere that the LCA's used in the Skyjacker ROck Ready system are the same length as Ram LCA's, but it was on the net so take that for what its worth.

They are like 3" longer than an XJ arm!

I always wondered that.... I basically have done the same thing a few times and wondered how easy it would be to adapt that front end or parts of it....

cheap mid-length arms.

sweet, all the guys wanting to run 35s won't have to spend that money on a real 5.5" lift and some trimming. They can just go junkyard diving for a beat up Dodge Ram instead. lmfao. atleast it'll make a good flop thread.

Well, thanks for doing the math. I can tell you that the springs are MUCH bigger in diameter as they mount in a "cup" of sorts and the shock goes in side the spring. Very challenging to adapt that. Not a really effective upgrade. I f you want monster lift and have lots of time to build a trail toy it might be worth a try. Not for my DD

3" longer, sweet. Finally a cheap and easy way to extend my wheelbase for the ultimate climber. Just swap in the longer arms, do a quick visual alignment and it's the perfect street and trail machine, and since it's using factory parts it would still be under warranty and handle just like stock, if not better.;)

Kinda like this?

DSC03403.jpg

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40448&highlight=front+axle+dodge

Back