• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie on here

stoveguy

NAXJA Forum User
Well just thought I would say hi to everyone on here after spending the last week reading posts galore. I just picked up an 86 wagoneer for my wife to use while I rebuild the eng ine in her subaru. Once its running I get to start building my new toy. Ive got a 92 chevy cpi 4.3 with a 700R and 207 Im gonna install into it, along with a 5-6in lift to clear 33"s dana 44 rear, replace front c's with 44 hardware 1/2 ton brakes hydro boost hyd winch. Anyway hope to see some of you on the trail

Glad to see you here. Good luck on getting the wife running again. When you do get you XJ back keep us posted on the buildup. I love looking and reading about what others are doing too. :viking:

See you on the trails, or a gathering of some sort(m&g).

Jamez.

Nice one Rod.

:thumbup: :roflmao:

yea not meant as a personal attack just stating a reality lol 2.8 should be outlawed. anyway my motto to live by is (modify, adapt, & overcome) I just cant wait to get the 4.3 in it

stoveguy said:
yea not meant as a personal attack just stating a reality lol 2.8 should be outlawed. anyway my motto to live by is (modify, adapt, & overcome) I just cant wait to get the 4.3 in it
Allow me to explain - Mojo's first name is Rod... They're messen with ya - them HOSERS.

stoveguy said:
No, we all agree the 2.8 is a tough sell as a boat anchor, but "Rod" is mojojo's name. Just funnin' ya.

Oh, and welcome!

-----Matt-----

Its all cool and I think a boat anchor would be a compliment for a 2.8 I was thinking more in line of fill in a very very deep hole to be forgotten forever

have you gone to tahuya yet? if you havn't i'll show you around, i'll be out there the weekend of the 27th.
welcome to the club,
cody

stoveguy said:
Ive got a 92 chevy cpi 4.3 with a 700R and 207 Im gonna install into it

What installing none jeep parts in a Cherokee, that's blasphemy! why you will be condemned to the seven corners of........<remembers what Jeep stands for "Jeep Everyone Else’s Parts" and that his XJ has a Aisin AW4>

Hmm..... Never mind.

stoveguy said:
Its all cool and I think a boat anchor would be a compliment for a 2.8 I was thinking more in line of fill in a very very deep hole to be forgotten forever

You are making a wise choice! :) I've been through replacing a 2.8 with a 4.0L in an 86 MJ. Had a 96 cherokee for the parts rig. Basically ended up taking everything but the front fenders & front axle assy and putting in to the 86. Like John said, it's a bitch, start with a 87 or up. The other guy I was dealing with said no sweat.... LOL yaaa....... will never do that again! I just about put either a small block or a 318 in it intead. Should have done that instead. Another friend went through putting 98 running gear in an 89xj. He isn't ever going through that again either. :) He believes in them small blocks now too! :)

stoveguy said:

Cripes, there he goes again with the personal attacks!

I don't like this guy.

:D:D:D

Back