• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front frame reinforcement/bumper mount?

Gaius said:
Thanks. I have an email in to him. I'll post up what I get back.
The c-rok front bumper mount system with integrated steering box reinforcement(inner and outer), is a real good sytem to start with, that is what I have done:
similiar to this but ask about the front bumper mount system if you are interested.
http://www.c-rok.com/sb.html

Gaius said:
Thanks. I have an email in to him. I'll post up what I get back.
Haven't received your email yet but was cruising around and saw your post. Here's an example of some mounts I made for another guy building his own bumper. That goofy shaped plate with the weldnuts is a repair piece for his framerails. His old bumper used only the factory mounts and well...ripped right off. So the repair pieces he'll weld on then go about the rest as usual.
framemountsrepair.jpg

The mounts use the sideplates and an additional plate on the underside of the framerails, a lot stronger than just using a sideplate especially in sidepulls.
framemountsrepair1.jpg

framemountsrepair2.jpg

The dimensional drawing Tim shot ya will work for both sides too so that's pretty slick. Tim do ya mind if I swipe that file to give out on my site? People are always asking for something like that.

How about shipped to 40346, as this will help to keep my favorite MJ on the trails, and not getting stripped down and junked, since the damn steering box ripped off the frame for the second time. I have not been able to drive it since about June!!!!!!, and I really do not want to have to shoot it (you know, way too much time, tinkering and good memories in it to be able to let it go). Thanks. [email protected]

While your at it, AJ, can you shoot me a price on the sideplates and bottom plates?

[email protected]

Thanks. Maybe we should just post it here since everybody wants to know.

And I didn't see it mentioned, How thick are your plates??? I'd like 1/4".

Gaius said:
Thanks Tim_MN. Is it the same on both sides?

Yes, same on both sides.

AJsArmor said:
The dimensional drawing Tim shot ya will work for both sides too so that's pretty slick. Tim do ya mind if I swipe that file to give out on my site? People are always asking for something like that.

AJ, it not my file to give. I found the link on a website someplace and I don't know who the original author is.

Last edited:
1996cc said:
While your at it, AJ, can you shoot me a price on the sideplates and bottom plates?

[email protected]

Thanks. Maybe we should just post it here since everybody wants to know.

And I didn't see it mentioned, How thick are your plates??? I'd like 1/4".
I think you're right. Anyone on NAXJA I've been selling them for $65 shipped, west coast states add $5 for the added shipping costs. They are all 1/4" and include sides, bottom and nutplates for inside the framerails. I can supply ya with the hardware, longer steering bolts but it's just as easy to pick that up locally and save money.

Okay, I'm sold. :)

One more question, it doesn't look like they extend all the way back to catch the last bolt that the stock tow hooks attach to. Do they?

I want to order a set from you, it would save me a lot of headache. But I want them to go back and use the last bolt for the tow hook brackets.

Feel free to PM me, it would actually help remind me about this post. I don't want to forget.

1996cc said:
Okay, I'm sold. :)

One more question, it doesn't look like they extend all the way back to catch the last bolt that the stock tow hooks attach to. Do they?

I want to order a set from you, it would save me a lot of headache. But I want them to go back and use the last bolt for the tow hook brackets.

Feel free to PM me, it would actually help remind me about this post. I don't want to forget.

They don't extend that far because there's just no need to. I believe the factory tow hook mounts had a total of 4 mounting holes (3 of those being for the bumper as well). These run 7. Also you have to take into consideration the plate that goes on the underside of the framerail which adds a lot of strength especially laterally. Definitely more than enough. You could actually run a plate using the factory bumper mount locations along with the under the framerail plate and work out just fine. We've done for years and so did BPI when they were making XJ bumpers.

AJsArmor said:
They don't extend that far because there's just no need to. I believe the factory tow hook mounts had a total of 4 mounting holes (3 of those being for the bumper as well). These run 7. Also you have to take into consideration the plate that goes on the underside of the framerail which adds a lot of strength especially laterally. Definitely more than enough. You could actually run a plate using the factory bumper mount locations along with the under the framerail plate and work out just fine. We've done for years and so did BPI when they were making XJ bumpers.

agreed. also with the stock towhook kit the two front holes switch out those threaded inserts for the 3/16" backing plates that run two more bolts/nuts into the cross frame on the front face

Back