• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Spacers...will this work

Jeepthing88

NAXJA Forum User
a buddy of mine was taking apart his 86 Firebird and he said that these coil spacers might come in handy for me. they are 3/4 inch thick and 5 3/4 inches in diameter. I have a Rusty's 3inch full spring pack kit on my jeep now...but the rear is sitting a hell of alot higher than the front and has been for about 5 months. so my question is...will these work???.....i know i may need to extend my brake lines. I'm in the process of making a custom bumper so there will be extra weight up there soon. but will these work and can i go 3 3/4 inches of lift without changing the LCA's ?

no clue if the firechicken parts will work or not but i ran 3/4" pucks on top of a rusty's 3" kit (it does make it sit ~More level) with stock control arms

extend your stock brake lines and you'll be fine

I wouldn't use hockey pucks. Thats just me though. They aren't the right type of rubber, and if you know someone who is a machinist, delrin spacers cost about 4 bucks for the material, and they'll last longer and make cool squeaky noises, like energy suspension bushings :looney:

Jeepthing88 said:
pucks?.....

well i guess all there is to do is try

yeah nube- pucks

coil spring spacers are often refered to as pucks

3/4" ones will run ya about 30 bucks or DOLLARS ($$s are sometimes called bucks)

:)

JLane99XJ said:
yeah nube- pucks

coil spring spacers are often refered to as pucks

3/4" ones will run ya about 30 bucks or DOLLARS ($$s are sometimes called bucks)

:)

Well up here in Canada pucks are little black things slapped around on ice, I'm not new to wheeling, I am newer to jeeps. I used to own a dodge raider, but it was modified and finally sold for something I could cart my family around in. Us Mitsu guys are funny, we refer to pucks as pucks, and spacers as spacers.

Back