• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dream Axle

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
I finally found my axle. I have been looking for a week. I am already on fullwidths, but with a dana 44 that is built. I found a 88 ford F350 front dana 60. Should be a King Pin style. I am going to get it thursday. I am getting it at a good price. I also found a dana 44 out of a 79 ford F250 that if my buddy doesn't buy it , I will have it up for sale. When I get my 60 here I will take pictures of the build up.

And some other axles I found.

6 lug dana 44 out of a ford full size ranger and a rear 9" . I can get both of these axles for 850.00 if anyone is interested. I can also the transmission and transfer case for this truck for another 200.00 I believe it is a 205 transfer case.

why not get a sunray1550 with a 9" center with d60 outers, or a 9 inch portal hydrid since we are day dreaming.
155-2sm.jpg

so how much did you get the d60 for and please educate me why this was the dream year for ford D60 ?

caglezxj said:
I finally found my axle. I have been looking for a week. I am already on fullwidths, but with a dana 44 that is built. I found a 88 ford F350 front dana 60. Should be a King Pin style. I am going to get it thursday. I am getting it at a good price. I also found a dana 44 out of a 79 ford F250 that if my buddy doesn't buy it , I will have it up for sale. When I get my 60 here I will take pictures of the build up.

And some other axles I found.

6 lug dana 44 out of a ford full size ranger and a rear 9" . I can get both of these axles for 850.00 if anyone is interested. I can also the transmission and transfer case for this truck for another 200.00 I believe it is a 205 transfer case.

thats not even a good price

I picked my dana 60 up today. 600.00 dollars. It is in great shape. It will never make it into the cherokee, I will proably build a buggy. A well built 60 is all you need. If I was to go bigger than a 60 I would run 2 1/2 ton.

The price on the dana 44 and ford 9" is from a friend. He said he would take a little less. However I am not buying those, but it was something I ran into. And around here you can not find a 60. Most sell for 1500.00

Appalachianxj said:
You might have a little more trouble with the 80's D60. They have a shorter axle tube on the drivers side. Which makes them harder to put brackets on.

Not a problem for me. Maybe a little extra work.

This 60 built with be fine for me. I am not worried about the mounting bracket location due to running fox air shocks. And there is enough room for a link bracket. This will be going in my buggy. I called it a dream axle cause of how hard it is to find one around here. Portals would be nice, but not the money you spend on it. A built 60 will hold up to anything I will put it through.

Back