• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator fan issues....

AmazingAdidas

NAXJA Forum User
I am working on my 3rd radiator in 3 years. I installed a tri-core radiator 3 years ago and added 2 electric fans for cooling. One fan is on a thermostat and the other is on a switch I ran into the cab.

Those fans are just tied in with zip ties (through the radiator with the small foam pads) but it seems over time they loosen/weaken and start to wear on the fins, thus causing breaks with leakage.

Anyone have suggstion or success with fabbing up mounts or brackets to get these fans off from direct fin mount?

I am open to all ideas, even if it means ditching these fans for something different. I would prefer to stay with the dual fan setup though, it works quite well when needing that extra air flow.

You must consider that if your fan is just zip tied on, it moves while you're wheeling. The fan may be making slight contact with the radiator. Check to see how much clearance you have in the center of the fan. If you have only 1/8" or so, that's probably too close. it doesn't have to dig in to cause damage, slight abrasion time after time in the same spot will cause a leak.

You need to fab up some solid brackets up big time.
Just think it out and see what your best bet will be, It took me 3 tries to get my Taurus fan mounted good. It sucked, it was such a tight fit, I acutally leaned the top of the radiator forward about 3/8" to make extra room for huge 18" Taurus 3.8 fan.

Back