• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" lift what tires?

dline

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my 4.5" long arm kit on and the 31's look a little small.

what mud tires should I get for my 15x8" wheels with I think 3.75 B.S. and 3.55 gears on my XJ?

either 32's or 33's size and what tire?

33x12.50 on a 15x8 wheel will work just fine. 3.55's with 33's are not the greatest, you will suffer from lack of power and worse gas mileage. Id consider regearing when you have the $$$$ to do so. I have 31's with stock 3.07's and it sucks badly. Rarely see 5th on the freeway.

how much are you willing to trim, and how much are you willing to spend.

also, do you actually wheel it, or just drive on dirt roads (im not knocking you if you do btw)

id trim my fenders and drop in som 33s and regear to 4.56:1 gears front and back (DUH) if you have the chryco 8.25 rear, or 4.88 if you have the d35 rear. dont go for looks first, youl break stuff and wind up spending more money than you should have spent in the first place.

i wheel it, local place full of mud.

87885.jpg

if i do gears, i'll put different axles under it.

i want a mud tire didn't look like many options in 32" size.

only thing in 32" that interested me was a Cooper Stt, like i have on my ram.

i have the D30 front, Chry 8.25 rear locked.

dline said:
only thing in 32" that interested me was a Cooper Stt, like i have on my ram.

i have the D30 front, Chry 8.25 rear locked.

Why not regear with those 2 axles if your running alot of mud? The 8.25 is strong, upgrade the shafts, and some say you can run 35's no prob. The turdy is ok, get chromo shafts, strong joints, and maybe truss it. If your going to keep the front open, don't sweat it. What do you want to upgrade to?

I like the Trxus MT's, though they don't come in 32's. Fairly cheap also.

i run 32" swamper tsl's. wouldn't recommend them as a dd if you put on a lot of miles. all swampers will wear fast. there are a few different models of swampers to choose from in 32" and are quite possibly the best brand for pure mud. a lot of other companies offer a variety in that size also.33" tire would be better (in the mud)probably because of width, if you can make them fit.

Even with 32's your going to want to regear. Been there done that.

Any Jeep guy is going to tell you, go 33's and do the trimming.

Here is 32's on a 3.5:

XJ5.jpg

If I were to do again, I would shop for 33" Truxus tires on a 4.5" lift.

Jason

My .02 would be for 16 inch rims to clear WJ brakes later. I wish I'd known before i got my 15x8's. The 16 inch tires seem to fall between inch sizes a lot.
Randy

Back