• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja 1000

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
Any xj's ever enter the baja 1000? just curious. think it would be fun to maybe someday get a team together and run it.

I ran it in the early 70s on a motorcycle. It requires a support team. We were factory sponsored by Kawasaki and it was still a royal pain.

old_man said:
I ran it in the early 70s on a motorcycle. It requires a support team. We were factory sponsored by Kawasaki and it was still a royal pain.

I bet you have some excellent stories Tom. :cheers:

Smittty9785 said:
not really. been spending all my money trying to put it together within the last 6 months.. almost getting there. ill have pics soon..
I mean i am planning it also, good deal, lets see some pics

ha, none for now. just got new camera and lost the disc to load pics from the camera doc. so just time . trying to settle the lift still. some reason still sagging in front with arms extended.

ive only ever seen the JeepSpeed team and noone else yet.

i was going to say you should prolly just look into the jeepspeed races.
go to jeepspeed.com and itll tell you the specifics of the different races they run in and $.

Last edited:
ridge_runnerxj said:
i watched a baja 1000 show on speed channel and their was an xj.

was it the one with the new FJ cruisers?
if so... its funny because when one of the fj teams pulls over for a pit an xj drives right by them

Back