• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 16" Liberty wheels work?

Audnorge

NAXJA Forum User
So, on another thread I was asking a dumb question about "old" and "new" steel wheels and then realized that the nice shiny steel wheels I just got a great deal on were not 15" but 16" Liberty wheels.

I was going to put 31x10.5x15s on the wheels. What should I do? Will the Liberty wheels fit with a different tire? If so what size? I feel dumb now.....the guy at the shop said they were Wrangler wheels.....

What would be the advantages/disadvantages of 16" wheels?

My 2000 originally came with 16's and I went back to them in August.Just decide on a metric tire size!

16 inch wheels give you a more modern look than 15 s. 255-70R16 is as close to a 31 x 10.5 as you can get in 16 in. but are not as common as a 245-75r16 which is about the same height but about a half an inch narrower. Both are around 31 inches tall.

Last edited:
Excellent, THANKS guys.

Thanks for the tire size recommendations as well, I was clueless. Narrower is good for me, I ride street 90% and the rest rocky trails out here in the desert.

Back