• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater control valve

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
After replacing my rad for the second time in 6 months due to a bad rad from the manufacturer I am coming home from work Fri and blow a rad hose! One of the 5/8 hoses from water pump to hcv, so I try to remove it on the side of the road hoping to be able to replace the hose and be on my way but of course when I try to remove the hose from the hcv the plastic breaks off in my hand, SHITE!!! Now I'm left to get towed home and repair in the morning which I did and alls ok. I feel I should have bought shares in Prestone after all the coolant I've gone through in the last 6 months! Does anyone have a better system than that plastic heater control valve? Let me know,Thanks.

tkjeeper said:
After replacing my rad for the second time in 6 months due to a bad rad from the manufacturer I am coming home from work Fri and blow a rad hose! One of the 5/8 hoses from water pump to hcv, so I try to remove it on the side of the road hoping to be able to replace the hose and be on my way but of course when I try to remove the hose from the hcv the plastic breaks off in my hand, SHITE!!! Now I'm left to get towed home and repair in the morning which I did and alls ok. I feel I should have bought shares in Prestone after all the coolant I've gone through in the last 6 months! Does anyone have a better system than that plastic heater control valve? Let me know,Thanks.
Not sure of your year (prob 91+ I assume), but on both my 90's, the valve is metal and not plastic like on my old 91. Not sure of the compatibility though.

Back