• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windows no workie after doorless mod!! HELP!

hockey10588

NAXJA Forum User
so I made my doors removable and the hinges and everything and I know the windows wont work when the doors are off because it's not a complete circuit or whatever but when I put my doors back on and plug everything back in they still dont work!!!! I've taken the door panals off and made sure everything is connected to the switches and pressed tight but still no windows or locks! is there something I'm missing?!

by the way it's a 1990 power windows and locks

Make sure the speaker harness is plugged in also. I had that problem when I did mine, the ground must all be together or something.

the speaker wires dont matter, sometimes i forget to roll my rear windows down and i just plug in the big harness and it all works fine. does the master switch work, or just each individual switch?

i have a problem with mine, that the other doors cant open their windows, but i can open them... not a big problem, a little annoyin though. with yours, make sure the harness is clean, and all the wires are in contact with the metal plugs within the harness. if your wires arent touching you wont get power... duh lol

if all the wires in the harness are contacting and the harness is pressed tight into the other, im not sure what the problem could be, maybe when you removed them the first time you grounded them out and blew the fuse, check your manual for which fuse the windows are one, then replace that, its cheap enough and easy enough, i just cant remember what one it is off the top of my head

good luck

travis

yd you cut the cables. you didnt look for the harness? much easier to do..... too bad

any way i found the fuses, they are in the inside drivers side fuse panel and they are the only 30 amp circuit breakers in there. they will either be at the bottom and the bottom right, or the bottom and the mid-left, depending on what year you have.

id check those before doing anything else, go to a local hardware store or auto parts store and bring those breakers, tell them 30 amp, and youll be good to go..

if its not the fuses, you may be spending, a lot more money than windows are worth, id just go to a junk yard and pick some old manual doors with manual locks and windows, save yourself the $$$ and time of troubleshooting and replacing.

hope i helped

travis

ok got them working!!!!

I guess on my jeep for some reason there are 2 IDENTICAL looking wires where I can plug my speaker wire into and when I first put my doors back on because of rain I plugged it into the one I unplugged it from and my speaker didnt work but my windows worked. so I tried the other plug and the speaker worked but no windows and thats how its been for the last couple weeks. so I took my speaker out and the wires on the back of the speaker were barely just hanging on there so I guess what happened is when I plugged it into the right plug the wires moved and the speaker didnt work. and when I plugged it into the other one (somehow the speaker still works) the wires moved a little and were connected to the speaker again. so i made sure those were all tight and plugged it into the origional spot and everything worked!!!!
happy day well thanks for everyones input

Back