• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake line help

fluidmotion

NAXJA Forum User
so im getting ready to swap in a full width 3/4 ton dana 44 and rear dana 60 (no disk brakes yet) into my XJ. i need to get some soft lines for the front and rear. my front lines currently are 22" up front and 18" in the rear. i need them to be longer both front and rear. i can get away with 20" lines or longer in the rear and the fronts would be nice around the 26" range. does anyone know of lines that i could get that would bolt right up to my XJ hard lines or should i just go ahead and get some custom ones made. i dont really want to get any made but if i have to i have to

i went to my local hot rod shop and got some earls braided brake hoses
they offer many configurations and lenghts i payed $40 for 2 24 inch front lines and the adaptors to get it all hooked up and spares are easy to find,i think thats the biggest advantage over custom hoses.

MORE has 24" and 28" lines.

Appalachianxj said:
I am running RE 22''/18'' blakeline. I'm running a 78' F-250 D44 and the 22'' blakeline is long enough. You shouldn't need a rear one, but here are some RE p# if you want them:

28'' front RE1555
22'' rear RE1513

Or you could order a set from this guy.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291865

so your jeep lines bolted to the 3/4 ton calipers? if your lines are long enoug, how much lift are you running?

Back