• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how can I get a smoother ride out of this?

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
I was wondering what kinda shock gives ya the best ride? I have a 98 XJ lifted 6 inches RE lift. The lift came with the OME Nitrochargers, and I know the ride wont ever feel like stock but are there better shcoks to improve this? Ur opinions? :eeks1:

When you say "are there better shocks to improve _this_", I assume you mean that the 6" lift with OME shocks isn't smooth enough? My first instinct would be to blame that on the 6" lift rather than the OME shocks.... OMEs are not known for their harsh ride.

Longarms or drop brackets would give a much better ride.

I agree with the other recommendations. OME products are generally known for quality street performance. I'm running a 2 inch kit on a TJ.

I suspect your lift 'design' is the primarily culprit.

I ran an RE 4.5 for roughly two years. It believe it was a really nice mid range (short arm) lift. I suspect what you are feeling is increased bump steer due to the short arms.

When I moved to a 6 long arm, it was a night and day difference.

Hope this help..

Back