• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No lift....vibes??

pipes94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Suspension wise I am still stock, only difference is 235 m/ts. Its a 94 w/ 130,000 miles on her.
Anywho, recently (as in a few months ago) I started to get slight vibrations between 56 and 62 mph. Who cares, just speed up or slow down right? Maybe an alignment. Haven't done one since I got the car 2 years ago and have done some nice wheeling with it. Well they other day I went over a bridge on the highway on a pretty decent left turn and I thought my wheels were going to fall off or my axle was just going to unattach itself and i would do a barrel roll over the wall. The other day same thing. Lane change on the highway, right to left, this was even worse. I won't even go on the highway until i fix it. I mean it shakes up the steering column, I grab the wheel with both hands and it shakes the shit out of my whole body. When this happens I let off the gas, cry, slow down and get off the highway. When Im going down the road at any speed the steering wheel is centered and the jeep tracks straight, so Im thinking what am I checking for?
I'm gonna jack her up and check for wheel play (ball joints) tie rod? trac-bar? worn components wouldnt make that much of an effect would they? Because I know everything needs new bushings but I'm just waiting for the Full Traction 6 inch to come in. =) Can't wait.

thanks in advance
sorry for typing so much, just chewed a bunch of Jolt gum...weird
ok back to the Saints and Eagles game

I had the same problem with my 99. The majority of the wobble went away after i got new tires and the rest when I got an alignment. It could be also that your tires have come out of balance. I had goodyear at/s and found out that they are hard to keep in balance.

I would say bad trackbar before anything else. It is possible for any of the front end steering and suspension parts to cause this, but, most likely, its the trackbar. Just think of it as a good excuse to buy a fully rebuildable JKS trackbar! AND a alignment too. Don't skimp on that!

Back