• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 3" Lift

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
aal's and blocks suck.
aal's will make ti ride stiff, and they may not provide the advertised lift if your spring pack is already beat.
Blocks kill spring packs and may contribute to spring wrap.

If you're going to do AAL's at least get full length ones, and ditch the idea of using blocks.

I am usually the last one to say search, but seriously, do it. Everything you are asking about has been covered a million times.

i just did...but i have heard so many different things...everyone has their own opinion...im thinking of just going for one and trying because there doesnt seem to be a clear cut leader out of the three i am looking at (Rocky Road, RC, Rustys)

I guess that's the problem when asking people's opinions, it gonna be all over the place. Most people here swear by Rubicon Express, but I had a bad experience with them, so to each their own. The opinions for price point stuff, i.e. RC, Rusty's and RR are always up and down.

If you want an inexpensive lift like that, with better parts, maybe keep an eye open for someone selling used 3" coils, or get some junkyard ZJ V-8 coils and some new poly spacers, and do a bastard pack and some shackles in the rear.

Read through www.rocklizardfabrications.com, there's lots of good info there.

Good luck!

thanks for the tips...i am leaning towards the RR 3" lift...reading through it, it sounds perfect for my situation....but im not too crazy about having to buy new shocks for it...so i emailed RR and asked if i had to buy them for a 85% DD. we will have to see what they say!!!!

I had a 3 inch rough country lift with full leafs in the back and it wasen't too bad. Just wasen't high enough for me lol but it'll work out good if you ask me

Back